The Chinese chive stir fry egg is a simple homemade dish. Two simple ingredients combine to make a delicious dish without much effort.
Chives is a member of the lily family. In Asia, chives are used to season many foods with a mild onion flavor. Chives are also called leeks; they are a flat Chinese vegetable. The chive alone is well known for helping lower cholesterol and blood pressure. In traditional Chinese medicine, chives also are nick named “scavengers” (because they clean out your stomach).
Chives is a fresh, mild onion like herb that go well with egg. This dish basically is a scrambled egg dish mixed with chives; it is full of flavor when served with rice. There are two ways to cook it. Some people prefer to scramble the eggs first before throwing in the chives. Other people prefer mixing the chives with the eggs first, then put the mixture into the wok together. It all depends on personal preference; however, you want to cook it is fine. Here, I am going to mix the two ingredients first.
Step by Step Instruction
Chinese Chive and Egg Stir Fry
- 1 bunch chives, chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt to taste divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon sugar
- Crack the egg into a bowl, add the salt, pepper, sugar and sesame oil (optional). Beat the egg for 20 second and general mixed with the chive together.
- Pour the oil into the wok at medium heat, slowly pour the egg-chives mixture in the wok and stir it very quick until the mixture turns to solid, at most 2 minutes.
- Serve it on a plate. Enjoy!