What is Yogurt Cake?
Yogurt cake is a delicious treat that is easy to make at home. It has a sweet, soft, creamy taste and a moist, light texture. This tasty cake has been around for centuries and is popular around the world, especially in Asia, Europe, and America. It is super easy to make, and this is a wonderful cake for people who are lactose intolerant, or for those who want to cut back on sugar and eat more healthily.
I love this cake! It is one of my favorite cake recipes, and I have been making it for years. I have made it with different variations and each time it is delicious!
Yogurt cake is also known as Yogurt Loaf Cake, Greek Yogurt Cake, or Yogurt Bread. It is made with yogurt instead of butter and is therefore a healthy alternative to traditional cakes.
The main ingredient in this recipe is yogurt. You will need about one cup of yogurt; I used Greek yogurt with a honey vanilla flavor. You can use any type of yogurt you want, add fruit or nuts, and the amazing taste will stay the same!
How to Make Yogurt Cake
This recipe makes one loaf pan-sized cake that can be cut into nine or more squares depending on how thick you slice it. The batter should be spread evenly into the bottom of the loaf pan and baked at 350°F for 40-50 minutes. Bake until it is golden brown on top and firm to the touch.(a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean).
What To Serve Yogurt Cake With ?
It is often served with fruit toppings or whipped cream frosting so that it looks more appetizing.
- Here are some of the most common ways to make yogurt cake.
- There are many ways to make yogurt cake. For example, you can make it with different yogurt flavors and fruits. You can also add other ingredients such as chocolate chips or chopped walnuts (½ cup).
- It can be made plain or flavored with different spices like cinnamon or nutmeg.
- If you prefer a more “lemon taste,” add lemon juice and zest from three lemons to the batter.
- You can serve your cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
- Add ½ cup shredded coconut to the batter for a tropical twist.
- Use two cups of fresh or frozen strawberries for a strawberry yogurt cake.
- You can add more sugar or less sugar depending on your taste.
You can store yogurt cake on the counter for up to 3 days if it is well-wrapped. It can also be frozen for up to two months. Place the yogurt cake on the counter overnight to defrost before serving.
Yogurt cake is a delicious and popular dessert. I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Let me know how your yogurt cake turns out. Happy baking!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and add sugar gradually. Fold in cake flour, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Mix well after each addition. Stir the mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Check the cake at 30 minutes and 40 minutes mark.
- Serve and enjoy!