Chicken noodle soup is a traditional comfort food in Chinese cuisine. It is also known as a Chinese noodle soup. The stock is usually primarily made with a whole chicken, fresh ginger, and green onions, by simmering the ingredients for several hours until rich and flavorful. It can be served with wonton dumplings or thin noodles. Chinese chicken noodle soup is a popular dish in China and around the world. This dish can be enjoyed by itself or as part of a meal with other dishes, vegetables, and noodles.
Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Ingredients
Chicken Stock: This recipe calls for homemade chicken stock, which brings a much better result than bought stock or broth. This traditional chicken stock is the best!
Vegetables: I use baby bok choy, carrot slices, fresh cilantro, green onions, and goji berries to garnish this clear chicken soup. You can also use Chinese broccoli, spinach, fresh mushrooms, or any type of green leafy vegetables.
Shredded chicken: I hand-peeled the cooked chicken off the bones to make the chicken soup. You can also use leftover chicken pieces or store-bought shredded chicken. Preparing to shred the chicken will save you a lot of time and effort.
Seasonings: salt and white pepper (or black pepper) to taste.
Which noodles do I use?
I use Cantonese thin egg noodles for this recipe. You can also use thicker noodles such as udon noodles and lo mein noodles. Or thinner noodles like rice noodles, somen noodles, Chinese egg noodles, or any type of noodles. You can even use ramen noodles! All types of noodles can be found in major grocery stores. Cook noodles followed by the package details instruction.
How to Make Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
Here are some instructions for making Chinese chicken noodle soup: throw a bunch of baby bok choy and carrot slices into boiling water and wait for a couple of minutes. Drain out the vegetables and set them aside. Bring the noodles to a boil in a large saucepan, raise them with cold water, and then set them aside.
Warm up the pre-homemade chicken stock until boiled and pour over on top of the noodles. The noodles soak up all the flavor from the chicken stock, making them both chewy and tender at the same time. If you're not into chicken, you can use beef or pork instead!
There are many Chinese chicken noodle soup recipes, but this one is my favorite because it tastes great and is easy to make. Plus, it doesn't require any fancy ingredients or cooking skills.
I love making this dish on cold days or during flu season because it can make me feel warm. The easy recipe is packed with nutrition and is low in fat. The fragrance of fresh aromatics gives it a ton of flavor. This delicious soup is an excellent idea for a quick lunch. It can also help to replenish nutrients after a long day of work or school. I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know what you think by leaving your comment below. Happy cooking!
Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast
- a bunch of baby bok choy
- 1 cup carrot slices
- 2 serving egg noodles
- few goji berries for garnish
- ½ tablespoon cilantro for garnish
- ½ tablespoon chopped green onions for garnish
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Gather the ingredients. Shred the chicken early.
- Throw a brunch of baby bok choy and carrot slices into boiling water and wait a couple of minutes. Then drain out the vegetables and set them aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the noodles to a boil, raise them with cold water, and set them aside.
- Warm up the pre-homemade chicken stock until it is boiled and then pour it on top of the noodles. The noodles soak up all the flavor from the chicken stock, making them both chewy and tender at the same time. If you're not into chicken, you can use beef or pork instead!
- Fold the shredded chicken pieces into the noodles. Then add the boiled baby bok choy and carrots slices on top of the noodles, along with fresh cilantro, green onions, and goji berries.
- Serve warm and enjoy!